This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks Anneli for the info re horse meat. I am concerned that as beef
becomes scarce and leather also, the horse will suffer most.  It brings back
horse stealing when the meat prices go up. Someone saw a furtive acting
driver in an old green truck with old trailer attached in front of my place
one early morning.  When my neighbor approached the truck it sped off. I
have a sign on my fence saying "These horses have been branded and
micro-chipped"  I think I will add "these are old horses and good only for
soap."  Now I hope the price of soap does not go up!!!!

Jean Walters Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 TO 1949 ]