This message is from: Joel Harman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

All equines are fight or flight animals. Ever wonder why your horse
sometimes poops when you go up to them in the pasture? Maybe the
predator( that would be you) will stop & smell the pile while the horse
runs off.

We discussed this issue last year. Alot. Most agreed that fjords are more
like mules than horses. Those of you having problems finding a trainer
should look for a trainer that does mules. Mules are smarter than horses.
Ask any horseman, or horsewoman.

Another problem finding a trainer could start on your own place . Those
cute, cuddly foals grow up to be 100# animals capable of killing a human.
Not to say they will but treat them like what they are - an equine.
Kind of like the perception some of us have towards vets, or farriers.
They generally treat equines like equines, not pets. Unfortunately some
may use more force than we, as owners,  are comfortable with. We can help
by teaching our cute, fuzzy foals manners.

I know this is a repeat of many other posts of mine. Treat them like
equines & maybe the "Oh! Isn't he a cute little thing!" comments will
stop.