This message is from: Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> OK folks...I have always heard this in the context of Quarter Horse 'speak'
> for a "cute" (little) head. All well and good, as long as you are not
> looking at just the head as an end in itself, and begin to ignore the WHOLE
> picture; this is a horse darn it, NOT a Gerber baby ;^/

Karen-
My complete post read:  "Tico" has this unbelievable movement - long, light and
very
very airy.  His disposition is to die for. He has very clean, fine legs - unreal
balance, long deep hip and a doll baby head.

I covered movement, disposition, legs, body type: balanced & depth of hip - as
well
as his head appearance. I can assure you his head is not the one reason we
bought
him, nor feel that is his only good quality. I also covered lineage ("Inco" by
"Illiano" on the top and "Havstad" on the bottom).

If I did not create a "whole picture" description - and "whole picture"
justification
for this guy to be kept intact until proven otherwise - then I do not know what
else
I can say to create that "whole picture".

I can assure you I would never advise anyone to breed purely on one quality
alone.
Nor would I advise the purchase of a horse on one quality alone.

Speaking of descriptions, at the conformation and performance training seminars
the
description :"butt ugly" came up and a very highly regarded and respected
member of
our Fjord group took good natured kidding about it. Would anyone care to define
and
elaborate on this term?

With humor
Pat