This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Patryjak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: "Patryjak"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Mary when you spin... don't you get dizzy?

Yes, which probably tells you a lot<G>!

 > I wondered about spinning fjord fluff..thought it
> might not be long enought
> fibers...

Depends - Line has very long winter hair - around 3 to
4 inches long.  Shorter fiber can be mixed (carded, we
call it) with wool to make it easier to spin.  Lots of
people do this with dog fur, as yarn made from pure
dog fur has no elasticity(the thing that makes the
ribbing on a sweater's cuffs and bottom keep its
shape).

> Since a former roommate was a felter, and the
> technique is similar to
> papermaking, Jer and I are considering an attempt at
> felting.

If you can't get the pure 'Fjord fluff' to felt, try
mixing it with some raw wool(washed first).  That
should do the trick.  Many people who make felt from
llama fiber have to mix it with wool to get it to
felt, depending on how coarse it is.  Let me know how
your experiment comes out.

> If not, I may just restuff my ratty barn
> jacket...smells horsey anyway.

Never thought of this!  Maybe worth a try.

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman
Raintree Farms