This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

Another good use for hair is a "hair saddle." The young woman who works with
my trainer is making one from all the shedding at their place - Erlend and
Sadie, of course, are the most generous contributors [the only Fjords
there]. Evidently what you do is collect mass amounts of horse hair, stuff
it in a burlap bag, and ride the bag all summer as if it were a saddle. By
fall, it will be a saddle, perfectly fitted to you and your horse. The hair
turns to felt. Haven't tried it myself, but it sounds good.

On a different note, how do all you folks get away with this secret buying
of horses, houses, etc? Tell me your methods, and I may be able to join your
ranks! Even though I haven't committed this crime on a scale larger than a
few items from the Land's End catalog, I think Doug suspects that I might.
This is probably the real reason he is going along to Norway - this
"searching out long-lost family members" and "Evaluator Auditing" stuff is
probably just a ruse... I'm sure he just wants custody of the check book
while we're there...

Also, in regarding to vaccinations and de-worming. I have referred those who
contacted me privately to my trainer, who runs an Animal Rehab Center, and
has the respect of the good vets hereabouts, because they have seen her
results. She can give much better information than I, but, naturally,
doesn't want to be posted "at large" on the Digest. Sorry if what I wrote
seemed like a "teaser" that I didn't follow up on.  And no, Steve, I haven't
stopped vaccinating entirely, I'm just trying, with the help of vet and
trainer, to arrive at the most conservative approach consistent with our
situation - showing, visiting mares, live cover, freezing, etc.

Will send another post re: stallions and guarantees rather than extend this
one.

Peg Knutsen - Ellensburg, WA
http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/