This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Anyone have any sure-fire home mechanic tricks on how to get bearing seals into metal cart wheels...without dinging them up? Gail Russell

Hi Gail,
I am totally ROFL at this one! Been there/done that. (BT/DT?)
At Turlock 2 years ago I had to assemble my wheels onto my new Milton Cart.(Yeah, I had to pick it up from him the morning I took off for the show - not a fond memory :=[ Paint still tacky, it was not pleasant!) Tim Page, Alfhild Raaum's son in law and I struggled with these balky caps way too long, and the end result was some funky looking dented caps, and one wheel that ended up squeeking like a sick bird because some dirt made its way in there in the arena classes. Anyway, a hub is a hub, and they are a B---- to put on when,(and I only found this out upon returning home when S.O. pointed it out) the the inside lip of the cap has been powder coated. How nice!! That fraction of whatever was all it took to make it absolutely impossible to set on right. There is NO tolerance. Check to see if there is paint somewhere it really shouldn't be. If so, sand it off & try again.
Good Luck!!

(Karen McCarthy
Great Basin Fjords
Carson City, NV

(BTW, Milton & Unrau did work on some vehicles for awhile together,but they were 4 wheel marathon vehicles I think.)