This message is from: "Ursula Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*When a judge places a horse with a white blaze as the best
representation of a fjord weanling, going against Norwegian Standards,
than I believe it is time to start taking our confirmation standards
seriously.

Well, there you go....I tried to discuss this awhile back but there was
little interest so I suggest since we have beat the T&T issue 'at nauseum'
let 's revisit this issue....I really don't mind if a gelding sports such
markings ...to me that just means a responsible breeder has some latent
unfortunate genetics that he/she is dealing with in a responsible
manner......I do, however would have a problem with this animal receiving
top scores in the 'head' section of the conformation score sheet during an
evaluation or like stated above during a Breed show.What if it were a filly
or a mare? How do we deal with that?
 I have an equal problem with an animals getting high scores for Type if the
horse is obviously out of height range according to the Breed Standards...
BUT since there are no prescribed penalties or consequences for either of
these factors why do we even have Breed Standards ?

I realize that a Horse Show is different in that the judge often will highly
score  'presentation'  and 'overall impression' of handler & horse, we DO
however expect the show judges to consider breed faults and judge
accordingly. Remember a horse show is NOT an Evaluation and one should not
consider placings of a HORSE SHOW  as a measure of Conformation alone.

(VBG)Misha no pouting now, girl....you know we love ya to pieces so stick
around a bit longer....... I saw a real cool t-shirt when we were down in
the Baja  years ago...the guy in the motor home next to us was sporting it
and he was from Sacramento....it said  "Old Marines never die....they just
go to hell to re-group" .... I love that saying....it's so true
Ya all come back now ya hear...?
Ursula

Ursula & Brian Jensen
Trinity Fjords