This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

part of Carole's posting stated the following, and because this is a very
opinionated and argued topic on the list... I wanted to add just a few
comments.

>  DO WHAT?     Require that every stallion registered have
>               his teeth examined for proper bite and testicles
>             examined to verify there are two of them dropped.

I show Miniature Horses, and the AMHA requires a veterinary certificate that
states the mature stallion has two descended testicles before we are allowed
to show that stallion in any sanctioned show.  The Judges at the shows are
required to check the bite of every mare and stallion in the conformation
classes.

>  IF OWNERS
>  DON'T COMPLY?  Then that stallion's foals are not registerable.

they do not go so far as to do this.  BUT you are not allowed to show unless
you supply the veterinary statement to the show secretary.  And if the
horse's bite is off, you are penalized and supposedly placed differently in
the show classes. Word gets around if you have a horse with a fault such as a
bad bite.

>  DO OTHER AMERICAN
>  REGISTRIES DO THIS?  No, most don't

Like I said,  AMHA requires the testicles statement. Both  AMHR and AMHA
judges  check teeth in the conformation classes and there is definition of  a
good bite in the Rules and Regulations for the shows,  and I believe also in
the " Breed Standards"

Lou
Check out our website
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/dbldayfarm/index.html";>DoubleDay Farm -