This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Arthur Rivoire wrote:

> Maybe it's time for the Evaluation Committee and the NFHR to seriously
> discuss 100 Day Testing for Fjord stallions, and requiring them to perform
> in sporting events such as dressage, cutting, combined driving.
> What do you think?

Interesting question.

I think the best way (at this stage) to develop the Fjordhorse for sport is
not through 'push' (ie requiring a 100 day test etc) but through 'pull' ...
by which I mean, get out there and develop your Fjord's abilities, show him
in dressage, show him in Combined Driving, show him in other athletic
pursuits, and show the world what the Fjordhorse can do! This will result in
a marketplace of people who have seen what the Fjordhorse is capable of in
sport and will WANT ONE that can do the same. From here will come the pull
that will emphasize athleticism in breeding.

Lori Albrough
Moorefield Ontario