This message is from: "Tamara Jane Habberley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sue Hi

as a non Fjord owner but fellow awkward b**dy hors eowner can I put in my
two penny worth?

I have a welsh cob similiar build to a fjord who could drive many a person
demented. He was sort of broke in by his alst owner , sort of cos she bought
himas a backed 5 year old to later find he was an unbacked 2 1/2 year old
hence reason he tended to ignore her aids!

Lunging him used to be a nighmare consisting of me running around trying to
get behind him as he slowly rotated round staring at me - yes he used to
lunge me in circles good exercise for me but not what was intended!

Schooling used to consist of him walking sideways facing the arena fence
bucking as he sussed that facing away from the arena fence was less
frightenting to me. he didnt tie up, shyed and ran of on rides and was
generally a pain. Oh and being riggy also had a great sex life.

Five eyars on I have a great horse who has done 50 mile rides with me, is
now starting to do dressage and is a star to handle. he still ahs his
moments ie.e tonight mad fling sideways at scarey leaf in arena. Im not a
horse whisperer ( more foul launguaged bellower) but i persisted. I think
your horse just needs time to mature and something to occupy his mind. Dont
send him away as if trainers work for your horse theirs no guarantee your
horse will assume you have changed - unless you go with him to be trained.

Good luck in distance ridign the gitish horses are usually the best as they
have courage and brains.

Tamara