This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Sue Harrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Also I was reading in the "list" about someones
> Fjord being believed
> to have picked up the trait of dropping down and
> biting the knees of
> another horse, from the llamas.

No, he wasn't a Fjord - he was an Appaloosa pony,
around 10 years old or so.  He didn't have the 'knee
biting' idea when we got him, but developed it a
couple years later.  The only place we could figure
out he learned it was from the llamas, as none of the
other horses ever did it and he learned it/started
doing it after being here several years.  His only
company for the first couple of years was another
pony, plus the llamas.  When we got our Fjords he
tried to dominate them by biting at their knees - we
assumed he was trying to make them lie down so they'd
be more his size.  Just a theory.

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman