This message is from: "Sue Harrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I saw it Jean but these have gone down so fast, colitis and enteritis
>are tail swishers at least for a while. Or so I thought. Hard to
>believe even our stoic beasts would not show signs of a progressive
>disease like that.

>Help Steve.    Jean

Just a thought here...but could those two horses have died from a
condition the old timers called "Blackwater"? When I mentioned the
symptom of the horses not being able to urinate to my husband, he
remembered hearing tell of this when he was a boy. The affliction was
caused in the old days by horses being fed well and worked hard...then
still being fed well and allowed to rest with little exercise for a
day or two. Any comments Steve? Just a thought as this is bugging me
as well as the rest of you. What was the real reason for their death?
Have any autoposies been done yet?

Also, I have a question....I was watching a show on television about
the wild horses of Mongolia. Are these somehow related to our present
day Fjords? The coloring is much the same right down to the lighter
coloured muzzle and the stripe down the back. However the body type
and head are more refined in our Fjords but the mane in these wild
horses, exect for no white stripe is basically the same.

Also I was reading in the "list" about someones Fjord being believed
to have picked up the trait of dropping down and biting the knees of
another horse, from the llamas. My "Storm" does the same thing and is
only one and a half years old and has never seen a llama. He will
reach down and bite the knees of my husbands Appy whenever they get in
a scuffle.

Well must go as it is almost midnight. Sure hope some answers to this
mystry disease are forthcoming. Sue in N.B. (Desert Storm's mom)