This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: Jean Ernest
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hopefully this incident will translate into a
> training experience, for him
> to stop when I fall off, even when threatend by a
> moose. Of course, maybe
> it would be better to be dragged than stomped by the
> moose?

Jean,

Oooo. Ouch!!  Either one would definitely NOT be a
PLEASANT experience!  I think I'd opt for 'hanging on
like #*#@' - of course, my western saddle did give me
more to 'hang on' to ;).  Even an Aussie saddle is
harder to 'come out of'.  I've just never mastered the
art of being comfortable at all in an English saddle!
When I rode in the winter I mostly rode bareback in
the winter - much warmer, plus the neck was right
there handy to wrap arms around in a pinch!

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman
Raintree Farms