This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean,
glad you survived your adventure!
I rode in my Sorel packers a few days a go, but switched my reg saddle for one with HUGE 'big guy' stirrups, as I had the same thoughts. Glad I did too, as my filly really had the snow snorts. This topic made me think of something...we were going thru a box of old tack in the barn, and in there was a really sturdy pair of tapadero style stirrups.MY boyfriend Dave made them when he was an outfitter in Colorado. They are hardly used, and they are not the type that drag on the ground, but they are big enough to get a heavier than normal boot in, and if you even rode with your regular boots on, they keep your feet really warm & dry. We were going to relegate them to the Garage Sale pile, but if someone on the list wants them, I would be happy to send 'em off for $20.00/wich includes shipping anywhere in US.

Karen in N. Nevada