This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 11/8/00 6:30:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I used to tell students to quit looking down at their horses -they'll know
when he's
 not there anymore.  : ) >>

LOL. Indeed, I notice I can "feel" my horse's movements a lot better when I'm
not looking at him. As humans we rely so much on that color vision, missing
out on the other senses. I once saw a fascinating program on a group of
individuals who are deaf and blind. They have a genetic syndrome called, I
think, "Usher's". Anyway, it was amazing to see how developed was their sense
of touch and smell. One woman described how she met several new people in a
group, and right away knew that two individuals were having an affair because
of their mingled scents!

Being an animal person to the extreme, I really focus on the other senses. As
I spend more time with my horses, they open up new worlds for me.

Brigid