This message is from: Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>   I am not sure the membership is ready for it now.

When would it be? If it takes a larger membership for an event such as this,
how do we create size without having something to grow into,
develop and progress.

An event such as this is fun to talk aboutYes it is.

> , but would be a tremendous amount
> of work.

You bet, everything worthwhile is.

>  For whom?  Volunteers!  I have been in charge of horse shows and
> the thought of something on this scope scares me.  Volunteers are hard to
> come by and the fact that they would have to come from all over would be a
> lot to ask.

Alot to ask but also an expansive group -with diverse backgrounds and talents
to make it happen.

>  How many people can contribute the MONEYand TIME this would
> take?

Some can't do both, some have more of one than another. If everyone gives a
little of one or the other, it can be done.

>  If the idea is to have more people see Fjords, how about an effort to
> have more participation in Expos?

I do not necessarily see this as a platform for people to "see the Fjord".
Although it certainly can be advertised in such a fashion that
the non Fjord owning public is very welcome to watch and hopefully it could be
held in a full size coliseum that would be conducive to a
large audience..I see it as an avenue for US, the current membership to have a
common place to perform, compete, learn, administrate,
listen, speak, sell, buy, meet and see -on a national level.

And I agree with Mike - all Fjords can come.

Where would we be if those who started the NFHR didn't think it couldn't be
done, or the time wasn't right. -
Pat