This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 02:02 PM 10/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mike--

Sunday, October 29, 2000, you wrote:

> But the FHA of NA really isn't the Association they are talking
> about. Yes it is part of their name but they are really a Registry.
> They too register horses and do not have shows etc.

  Just what is the mission statement of the NFHR?

NFHR Mission Statement

The mission of the Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry is to register and preserve the purity of the Norwegian Fjord Horse and will include education, and the promotion of the breed.

I can't imagine that
  it would have been written so narrowly that promotional activities
  such as sponsoring shows would be precluded.

I didn't mean to imply that sponsoring shows was against any rule or anything. It isn't as far as I know.

In the case that the
  original mission statement could be construed to mandate such
  activities, it should take only the will of the BOD to set the gears
  in motion whether the organization is called an association or a
  registry.

That was sort of my point with the reference to the "Association". It doesn't matter what we are called. It is just a name. However it is still the registration of Fjords that is the main function of the NFHR. That isn't to say that it couldn't provide some $ for promotional activities. In fact Promotion is part of what the NFHR does. I still think that job one is to get the promotional groups and the NFHR leadership talking about it though. It is going to have to be a combined effort if it is to happen. You will also get more people that way. Not all of the members of the Promotional groups are Members of the NFHR & visa versa. I still think a written proposal is the way to get this thing underway though.

Myself I would prefer to see this National show open to any pure bred & registered Fjord. I don't think it should be limited to one registry or another. Ever Fjord should be welcome. I think that would do more to bringing the groups together than anything could.

my $.02 worth.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar