This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all -

Doug and I want to congratulate Fred and Lois Pack on their recent purchase
of KFF Vilhelmine [aka silly Willie filly]. Willie, the first Erlend foal on
this coast, will go home with them in a few weeks, after she is weaned. We
know they will treat her with the abject adulation to which she is
accustomed, and will allow us to visit now and then. I will be visiting
Julie Will when they pick up Willie, so I will be spared the trauma of
seeing her drive off [literally] into the sunset. Sigh....

Pepper, our coming 3 filly by Leidjo, and Sonny, our coming 2 gelding by
Rusten, are still happily running around, unaware that they are also for
sale - to the right homes, of course. See our web site,
http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/ , for details. We have also come to the
difficult decision to offer our foundation broodmare, Anvil's Silka, for
sale. We feel the need to do this in order to see our way clear to buying a
filly [hopefully grey] in Norway this spring. Silka is a marvelous
broodmare, having produced 4 fine foals for us, and more before that at
Anvil Acres.

Silka's first 2 babies at our farm, Rocky and Pepper, earned Reds in
conformation at the NFHR Evaluation in Eugene. Rocky was 15 months old, and
Pepper, 3 months old at that time. Sonny will not be Evaluated, since he is
gelded, but I believe Willie will do well when/if the Packs take her to be
Evaluated. We gave Silka a well-earned rest this year, but will repeat the
breeding to Erlend in the spring, and offer her in foal. She is 14, and the
boss hoss around here.
One caveat - she likes to be sung to in the evenings just before she foals.

We just said goodbye to Oda Muench and her husband who are on their way to
the Jensens'. We had a very enjoyable, if brief, visit with them, and look
forward to seeing Oda in Nordfjordheid this spring. They are very nice
folks! I met them last spring, but I want to say that the common ground we
share because of this Digest helped us feel like old acquaintances right
away. Thanks again, Steve!

Bye for now - Peg Knutsen