This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

First on the subject of letting the horse decide where they want to go in the
trail etc.    I don't agree with this totally.   I think sometimes the rider
knows better then the horse.    Example :  We are out riding this trail that
has some "wet/muddy" spots in it.  We come to one such spot that we can't go
around.  It's probably 15 feet long and 12 feet wide.  The middle is watery,
and fairly deep (8 inc.) the side, a good 4 feet of it, are smooth looking
thick mud.  I want to go down the middle, where everyone has traveled.....
Sebastian is putting up a BIG stink and wants to go to the SIDE, where to him
it looks solid (cause it's not watery or wet looking.)  After a few minutes I
said "fine go the way you want!" we go up the side, and SINK to his belly!
After a few BIG lunges, he gets out and then I say to my boy "see....now next
time you listen to your mama!"  My other fjord and his rider went down the
middle....with no problems :-)
Sebastian hardly ever refuses anymore to go where I ask....maybe it's just
coincidence, but I like to think he just LISTENED to his mama when she gave
him this talking too! :)  I LOVE this horse.  I've had him since he was 4
months old....and he's 6 yrs. now, even trained him myself :) Great trail
horse.  Did I mention he won first place in the Green Horse Cross-country
riding class at Woodstock this year?  LOL

Second- Large breed dogs.   I have Bullmastiffs (who aren't as LARGE as some
of the large breed dogs, but are considered the larger breed)  I've always
said to people with bullmastiffs, that fjords are the bullmastiffs of the
horse world :-)

Enough said :)
Aimee Day
Days End Fjords