This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/17/00 8:16:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< That would be the "West Nile Virus"  There was a lot of it last year on
 Long Island from what I hear.  Merek?  We have had several cases of it in  >>

I think we had somewhere between 9-15 confirmed cases last year, mostly on
the East end of Long Island, way out from me. The vet at the LI Fair this
year had collected blood samples from dead crows a decade ago and preserved
them for some other study, and is trying to get these samples to the right
researchers who can compare them to present day samples as a reference. This
year we have had 2 reported cases, last I saw, but I think one was inn Staten
Island near NY City, and the other also around the city area, so who knows
what is going on? Definately not as much here as last year. Merek