This message is from: "MoonWise" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> How about goats?  will they eat [acorns]?<

Yes, and just about anything else.  But if you live in the northwest,
Rhodendron are very poisonus to goats and they eat it willingly.  Bracken is
mildly poisonus to goats, but they will avoid it is there is other forage.

I use my goats in rotation with the horses.  They clean up the browse and
brush leaving the grass for the horses.  I have had the goats in with my
mare, when there was grazing enough for everyone, but the filly is
too"energetic" to trust to play nice with the much smaller critters.

Wilting leaves of all stone fruit trees produce an alkaloid that is
extremely toxic.  I lost a young goat one year when he ate the leaves off of
a Apricot branch that had been pruned a few hours before.  He was curled up
dead the next morning.   Fresh leaves are OK.