This message is from: Don & Jane Brackett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Also the fees the Dutch studbook charges for DNA
and microchips is about half or less of what we charge in the NFHR. I
was
talking with a friend who breeds Dartmoor ponies down south and she told
me
that it costs them $17 to DNA their ponies. That's quite a difference
from
the $60 we pay. Why such a huge difference?

The $60 fees are especially high if you need to send in 3 (dam, sire and
horse you'd like to register), particularly if you don't own the dam and
sire!

Since I have no intention of breeding Osa, I haven't bothered, but I for
sure would, if it was only $17 each.

Jane