This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to the list!  A lot of the listers will be at Turlock (Howver, not
me this year :-(

All of your questions are good ones.  AND they have been discussed before,
so to get you started go to the archives:

"Go to http://www.listquest.com. Read the HELP there to get
  an idea how the search engine works. Then select "Home & Garden",
  then "Pets & Animals", then "FjordHorse". At this point you will be
  presented with a security dialog. The username is "fjordhorse" and
  the password is "fjords_rule". I suggest you write these down
  somewhere. "

Fjords are strong, but pretty much are handled like any other horse, proper
ground manners, etc are important.  However one thing in training seems
that they often need to "Think" about something new and do not just react
instantly..Are more apt to stop and resist when forced, so should be given
time to think about and understand a new command or situation. However I
think this is true for any horse!

Some of our accomplished fjord trainers like Karen McCarthy, Anne Appleby
and Gayle Ware can give you much better advice than I.  Also Carol
Rivoire's book "The Fjordhorse Handbook" is a great source of information
on feeding, housing, handling, etc.
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/beaverdf/book.htm

Hope this helps!

Jean in rainy Fairbanks, AK (the corrals were just starting to dry out)

>Hello everyone,
>I am new to the fjord list and wanted to say hi, and introduce myself.
>Im so excited to be here!  I will be at the Skandiafest show in  turlock, CA
>on Saturday at 2pm.  Will any of you be there??
>
>My name is Cheryl and I live in Fremont, CA

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]