This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lisa, I never put that twisted double wire bit in my horses mouth to
"punish" or "mutilate" him.  It happened when I could not find the right bit
in my collection and the wire was the only one correct size.  It worked.  I
have never had to use it to stop a runaway, never had a runaway.  Oh well
when I was eighteen the army mount took off with me but I rode it out.  So
it is not used for control more than any other bit is.  Did have to stop
letting a friend ride as she stopped my horse by pulling him back with the
reins.  That is a "no no".

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"