This message is from: Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am trying to contact everyone who is attending the Blue Earth Evaluation in
July. I will be sending a mailing, but thought I'd try the list as well.

As you know the NFHR is putting together a Record Book based on  the past
Evaluations. Pictures and the Evaluation results will be published in a format
so that it can be added to in the future as more Evaluations occur. This years
Evaluation in Blue Earth will be included in the first book and we are trying
to do as much as we can to encourage Fjord horse owners to send in good
pictures. I have contracted a Professional Photographer from Fairmont, MN. to
work with us. His name is Jeff Silker, he will be working with a digital camera
setup off of a laptop near the arena. The results of the pictures will be
automatic.( Mr. Hipsley confirmed his presence in the arena during the
conformation tests was not a problem.)

This is a win-win situation. First if you want ME to send in a picture ( along
with the other paperwork I have to provide to Sandy North-and promised to her
within a week to 10 days of coming home) all you have to do is look at the
proofs off of Mr. Silkers computer, and he will put the one you want on a CD,
of which I will send to Sandy  with the results of the Evaluation. It will cost
you $10.00 to do this per picture. It has to be paid to Mr. Silker at that time
or else I cannot take the CD home with me on Wednesday.  If he cannot get a
good picture of your horse in the arena while you are having your horse
evaluated, he will meet you outside the ring and work with you to get a good
picture. He will have a desk set up in the barn for you to order other prints
or if you want to make arrangements with him.
He sounds excited to do this job and I think it will work out really well. We
have never had a Professional Photographer at Blue Earth (since I've been
going) and this is a good opportunity for any of you to get a good picture of
your horses.
Please use him as much as you can.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me by email ([EMAIL
PROTECTED]), call at work (815) 777-6008 or at home (815) 591-3658.

I also would like to thank everyone who is participating in this years
Evaluation. I understand it is going to be larger than any other previous
evaluation   I know first hand how hard it is to get your horses ready for
something like this. Personally I look at the evaluations almost as a "gift"
rather than a forum to see how high a score we can get. I respect the
Evaluators knowledge enough that when I go home with the results I will be able
to produce from that animal a better foal than he or she is. And if we really
care about the Fjord breed as all of us do, isn't that what its all about?
Thanks for the time.
Pat Holland