This message is from: "Tish Pasqual" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It certainly seems to me that in the two and a half years that I have had
Elphie that an awful lot of people have Fjords now.  Of course I live in the
Northland where we have quite a few Scandanavians too (!) so maybe it all just
goes together, but our driving club now has a LOT of Fjords, and at the Midwest
meeting in February I met several people who had just gotten into the breed and
had bought mares and were breeding them so they could sell babies.  One woman I
talked to wanted to have as many as five mares by next year, and seemed to know
very, very little about any of the well-known stallions.  Kind of made me
cringe.

Has the "bubble" broken?  I certainly remember the Arab bubble around here, a
lot of people went broke, and the price for Arabs is still very, very
depressed.  Maybe there can be too much of a good thing.

And Misha, I don't think you are unreasonable about the woman wanting to "try
out" a yearling for two weeks, sounds absolutely wacky.

Tish and Elph in Minneapolis
Where the Stubby Shortcakes is being ridden pretty often, and has the makings
of a very fine riding horse!