This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just a reply to Sarah and Lori
My first driving horse, a throughbred, didn't stop for a year!!!  No fuss, just
not stopping.  We wove around at shows and clinics pretending we were
exercising, never any fear or stress, just no "real" stopping.  After some
months, the light bulb went on and he got it.  I am sure that Fjords get it
faster ;-).  I like to drive my Fjord on voice (and whip) commands and talk a
lot (usually too loud! as I discovered in a very quiet dressage arena
yesterday)  He knows whoa (and knows that the judge being right in front of you
means "back up" so he does with no cue from me!)  so keep working as Lori says
on little victories and make sure you have room to move.  I'm sure some folks
would say work them till they are tired and WANT to stop, but I feel slow and
steady CONSISTANT work does it in the long run.
Marsha