This message is from: "Oscar and Shirley Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just a couple of notes about the Libby Show from one of the lurkers on
line.

    First - the show program.  We (the show committee) are trying to
accommodate the requests that we have received.  The decision was made
last year to include pedigree information in the Get of Sire and Produce
of Dam classes in 2000.  Funding for the program has not increased, in
fact we are changing the way our program is produced this year in an
effort to decrease costs.  More pages (if we could get enough
pre-registrations) to include pedigrees on all horses would be costly,
and we hope to address this issue using other venues.  Numbers will be
assigned to a specific horse this year, instead of the exhibitor as we
have done in the past.  This change should make it easier to track
horses in and out of the ring.  We will continue to strongly encourage
all exhibitors to post pedigrees on individual stalls.  I have
personally done this for years with success.  Simply cover your
information with clear contact paper or have it laminated to weather
proof for outdoor stalls.

    Second - as the parent of one of those girls at Libby who dress.  I
can assure you, that what you don't see from the stands is the price tag
on the $2.00 yard sale shirt being worn, and the $12.00 feed store straw
hat.  All of Laree's vest are sewn by Mom - the most expensive cost
$8.00.  That one of a kind horse hair flob my daughter wears at her
throat, was graciously donated by Opal and Maybelle (close 4-legged
friends), and completed with a large gold button purchased at a fabric
store.  We spend time on show clothes not $$$.  By the way I wear black
jeans (redyed for the occasion of course), a long sleeved white blouse
and vest when I enter the ring.  Please remember clothes do not make the
presentation, really clean, well trained Fjords, tacked up safely are
what I want to see in the showring, although the formal dresses Lisa
suggested for the men in the group, would be a refreshing change.

Shirley Anderson.