This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have had to put weight on two horses in the last
year. The most recent horse is my boarding horse,
Nigel, the Arab/Fjord. I have found that beet pulp
(1lb. am and pm) plus a high fat pellet feed (I am
using an endurance blend which is lower in protein and
higher in fat) puts good weight on fairly quickly. I
would start by adding two pounds per feeding to the
beet pulp and reduce it when they have gained enough
weight. I maintain my Morgan with 1 lb beet pulp and 1
lb endurance feed per feeding and he is doing great.
Tank, who never gets too thin, gets only 8 oz. beet
pulp each feeding mostly to keep him from beating down
his fence while the others eat.

You might also want to have the horse checked for
thyroid problems.

=====
Cynthia Madden
Las Cruces, NM