This message is from: "Janne Myrdal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Greetings from still cold ND.

I just wanted to throw in a comment on medical expenses etc.

I wholeheartedly agree with Lynda in regards to using our local vet for all
medical purposes etc.

I believe it was Brian Jacobsen who had a good write up on the Digest a
couple of years back on this, look up in archives.

If you have a good working relationship with your vet, the bonuses FAR
outweigh the catalogue shopping and savings.  My vet knows I use her for
everything including all shots and all worming needs, and she comes in a
hurry if I need her, plus she has become a good friend.  What comes around
goes around, and as farmers in a rural area, we are committed to using our
local businesses as much as we can, as that keeps our community alive.
Sure, there are things we need to run to the city for, but we try to use
local as much as we possibly can, including for our horses.  In the end we
have great service and good friends!!!

Janne Myrdal, who by the way am thrilled silly today as a rare Eurasian
Collared Dove appeared in my yard today!!!  ( I enjoy birding, and this one
is now added to my life list)