This message is from: "Arthur Rivoire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Everybody from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia  ---

I thought of something else I should mention regarding the way I garden with
manure.  I described earlier how I plan the shape of a garden, then pile the
manure/sawdust on about a foot or more deep.  It can be 2' deep.  It doesn't
matter, and besides it will compress.

What I want to tell you now is that you can use fresh manure to make this
huge, thick bed.  Then when you're ready to plant bushes or perennials, all
you need to do is make a hole in the fresh manure, and dump in a bucket or
two (depending on the size of your plant) of well composted stuff, and then
plant in that.  ---  The roots of your plant won't be burned by the fresh
manure.  --

There's one more hint -  After piling on the fresh manure in your gracefully
shaped bed that you've made with the aid of a flexible hose outlining the
borders, the next thing to do is to apply a thick mulch to keep out the
weeds.  Then decide where your plants will go, make your planting holes, and
fill them with the composted stuff as described above.

Regards,  Carol

http://www.beaverdamfarm.com
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7
Pomquet, Nova Scotia B2G 2L4
Tel:(902) 386-2304
Fax:(902) 386-2149
Carole Rivoire, author of THE FJORDHORSE HANDBOOK,
only book in English on the Fjord breed, available from Beaver Dam Farm,
$36.95 US includes P&H
http://www.beaverdamfarm.com/book.htm