This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Jolstra, Joe, Aimee Day, and I (Sue) spent the day at a Sleigh Show.  The
weather was cold but nice as the sun was out and there was no wind.  Before I
get comfy by the fire I thought I would tell you about it.
 The show was run by a local club in the area called T.R.O.T. (Trail Riders
of Today).  There was a good turnout aproximately 20-25 horses and sleighs.
There were two large draft horses (Percherons) , Standardbreds, Morgans,
Quarter horses, grade horses, and one Fjord, Jolstra.
  In the appointment class, which judged the sleigh and its appointments We
got a third.  Everyone was impressed with my charcoal heater.  We had it
running, using some kingsford matchlite charcoal and it kept Aimee and my
feet toasty. (thankyou for  the info on the heater, Mike.
  In the adult pleasure class, which took an hour for the judging due to the
number of sleighs in the class Jolstra got a fourth.
  In the reinsmanship class in which we all had to perform together around
the ring , and then perform a separate course at the slow trot, halt, working
trot and halt making sure one stopped at the cone.  Jolstra and Sue got a
first :  )
  In the Currier and Ives class with Aimee and I decked out in our E-bay
purchased fur coats, hats, a nice laprobe, and the heater we took a second.
Joe heard a couple comments that a Fjord didn't "fit" in the Currier and Ives
class but I guess the judge thought differently.
  Now comes the sad part.  My favorite, and Jolstra's favorite class, Cones,
we didn't place. :-(    At that point Jolstra and most of the horses were
pooped due to the hard going and the long classes.   It was the first year
for the sleigh show at this location and although they tried to pack the snow
and did a nice job, the snow was deep and the horses broke through and it was
hard going.  Jolstra did the second half of the cones great but the first
part was at a very poopy pace with some can't we turn around and go home i am
pooped actions.  I don't blame him he was tired.
  Anyway we had a great day and it was nice to see all the horses and sleighs
participating in the show.  There were a lot of junior drivers which is nice
to see.
  Sorry this is a novel but sleighing is my favorite winter activity and it
is nice that there are shows to go to to have fun.
Sue