This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"...BTW, I bought my fjord at Troyer's.  He's coming along nicely...came to
me only green broke to ride..."

Hello, Karen!

I'm Sher up in Aurora, CO.  I've been saving my "shuckles" up and figure I'm
most likely to get my fjord at a Troyer's sale (with any luck at all, their
Oct.2002).

I'm trying to figure out if I'll have enough monies ready by this Oct. to go
and bid.  (Spring is out - horses are at their highest bid in Spring.)

Did you get your boy at this last Oct. Troyer's?  I was there - but could
afford to even think about it.  Saw a few fjords there that day.

Could you tell me how much you paid for your greenbroke fellow?

Did you happen to see what price the other fjords went for - and if yes, what
was the final bid and how well trained did they describe that fjord to be
trained?

I'm getting too old for taking chances    ;-)    so I'll be looking for a
well broke, near beginner suitable, trail riding fjord.  I've been riding my
own standardbred  who is nice a nice reliable CALM horse with few to zip
"surprises" when we're out enjoying the trails.  Doesn't mean we don't have a
chat about being barn sour, or not wanted to take the steep trails anymore
(she's getting old, so I don't ask her anymore) ......... it just means that
she does not bite, buck, rear, move off when I'm mounting and it takes an
awful lot to spook the old girl (22yr) into running off, very little to stop
her flight when that rare moment comes (usually a deer leaping out of the
blue in front of the trail).

That's what I love so much about the older horse (8-15 yr olds).  They've
seen it, done it, they're calmer because they've experienced more of life
(usually).  The negative is that our time with them is shorter - they don't
have as many years to give as a young horse.  But at my 40 yrs, arthritisj in
the back too now --- I gladly trade off and seek the older horse.  I just
don't heal up as well when I "eat dirt"!  (grin)

Sher
Aurora,CO