This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean Gayle wrote:

> Lori that is interesting about batteries not freezing.  My tractor battery
> always freezes and I had to buy a new one every year until I finally now
> keep a 60 watt light over it.  Jean

The key is that a battery has to be kept charged to not freeze. If you
rarely use your tractor, the batteries charge could run down and then it
could freeze. A lead acid battery needs to be used (re-charged) at least
once a month. If you use your tractor less than that in the winter, or for
short periods of time so the alternator can't fully re-charge it, the
battery could lose its charge enough to freeze. Then your light-bulb will
certainly come in handy for not allowing it to freeze. In seven years of
Canadian winter our fence battery has never frozen because the solar panel
keeps it charged.

Lori