This message is from: "Karen McCarthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks for mentioning 'flare' Jean, as this is how the tree on my saddle was modified before the leather was ever a part of the picture.. The bars, at each end are flared out, so they "roll away" and avoid the shoulder and kidney areas. It also fits THROUGH the back, not "bridging" it as many of the regular off the rack saddles might do. I'll keep my eye out for this kind of saddle; we have a TW here at the barn & she is in a local TW group..maybe they use one?
kmac

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Re: wide saddles ?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:49:56 -0900

This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I keep thinking that the TENNESSEAN saddles sold by the Nation Bridle Shop
might fit Fjords, especially those with big shoulders.  The trees were
especially designed for gaited horses and made by the Steele Equi-fit
saddle tree Co. The saddles are shorter in lenghth, also to fit a shorter
back, with a wider gullet and more flare to the bars. The leather saddles
are made by Crates and the Cordura Tennessean saddles ( with leather seat,
etc.) are made by Fabtron. Check them out:
http://www.nationalbridleshop.com

Has anybody tried one of these?  Does anybody live near the National Bridel
shop in Tennessee where they can  get one to try and report back to us?

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, -20F today, warmed up from -35F yesterday.We
STILL need snow!