This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 I personally like a banged tail to end up about 6"-8" above
> the ground, but some people like it more near the hock, more like a
English
> Hunter........ Karen
=======
Now there's my personal "EEeeek!" Karen! A chopped off square tail (I'm sure
I visibly wince when I see one-- it's soooo UNnatural. The only thing worse
is when I see a forelock that's been squared off too!

Isn't it amusing how we all have our own personal preferences; as with our
own hair. "Different strokes for different Folks." =)))

I do enjoy all the many good tips for grooming (and everything else!).

Because our horses co-exist at large their tails are never picture perfect.
A grooming session yesterday consisted of mane trimming several and
burr-picking in 35 degree farenheit temps! We have those little picker beads
("Hounds Tongue" weed) that are terrible this time of year for clinging to
their forelocks.

But I maybe shouldn't have mentioned the weather.... that will dash Pat's
plans for northwest Montana.....=)))))

Ruthie, nw mt