This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 8/28/2001 8:04:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Does anyone on the Fjord list have any experience with this Quebec based
> carriage company (just east of Montreal) also known as Voitures Robert &
> Fils?

Yes, we have one of their older models (6 passenger - 4 + Driver & Groom)
They are pretty nice for the Price.  I have been told you DO need to
regularly check all your welds - but this is something you should do on any
vehicle.  I have heard (and this is third hand / hearsay) of a few pretty bad
accidents involving broken welds on Roberts' carriages, but was not able to
actually verify any of the stories.  We haven't used our a lot yet, but got
it used and it seems to be in great shape. No complaints from me personally!

> I rode in a nice wagonette recently (holds 12 or more driven by a mule team)
> and would like to order a 4 person wagonette for my 13.2 hand fjord mare to
> drive but it is reported to weigh 600 lbs - is this too heavy for my fjord
> to drive single?
> I would appreciate any opinions anyone on the list might have...

Our 14.2 mare did have to grunt a bit to pull ours by herself with three
people in it , on fairly level ground.  But, we bought it to use with a pair,
so....  I would say they are quite a bit heavier than some carriages, that's
for sure.

Catherine Lassesen also has one, she might be able to add her views here?

Amy

Dun Lookin' Fjords
Bud, Tillie & Amy Evers
Redmond, OR