This message is from: "Starfire Farm, LLC" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Brigid,

Since Tommes goes so well in your snaffle mouth Liverpool, you might
think of trying one of the Myler bits with a western shank.  The Myler
bits are jointed with a swivel action, not a "broken" or nutcracker
action like a snaffle, so the theory is you get the direct rein
communication that you obtain by having a jointed mouthpiece.  One
problem, however, is that you will probably have to custom order the
mouthpiece size you'll need.  Most Fjords I've worked with need a 6"
mouthpiece.  Most "off the rack" bits come no larger than 5 1/2 inches.

There are other brands that have copied the swivel action of the Myler
bits.  I don't know their names, but they're out there.  Just be careful
of the quality.

Beth

--
Beth Beymer & Sandy North