This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Why is this even an issue? Where is the ASPCA and all the other groups that
jump all over such practices? Here in New York, an elderly man was arrested
for trapping a rat that was eating his garbage and then killing it by conking
it on the head. He had originally called the ASPCA or whatever to remove the
live-captured rat and do with it as they saw fit. The case was tossed by the
judge after the city populace poured ridicule on the agencies involved.
Another man was arrested for throwing a rock at a flap-rat pigeon that had
just soiled him. And yet these farms are allowed to continue doing this to
horses. Could this be why they are all in Canada, do they have no animal or
horse protection groups north of the border? Would they quickly be sued out
of existence if they tried to operate in the US? I wonder...  Merek
  PS.   Lars is slowly regaining the lost weight. The care facility I sent
him to found no real medical problems and just did a thorough tooth job and
some hormones and a $1000 bill. I since found out that the stable manager may
have been cutting the horses feed as he ran out of money in the last few
months. That, and Lars normal tendancy to stop eating and lose some weight
every Spring may have been the cause. There is new management now, and they
are seeing to making sure he is properly maintained, and the results are
slowly showing. I WILL have to watch this carefully in the future. Other than
that, he is being killed by my Icelandic. He won't stop teasing Styggur, and
he won't learn that he is slower to dodge than Styggur, so he has all the
bite and kick marks. Merek