This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

What a lovely story!  I had no idea that Rafael came to you with all this
baggage.  But you certainly did everything right with him and yourselves.
Studying books voraciously, a wonderful step.  Then taking your horse to a
trainer that YOU felt confident in.  And going the distance.  It's
heartwarming to read how far you and your horse have come.

Oh, and I know what you mean about missing your horse.  Juniper was stolen
from me by my son, who has special needs.  Since he took the best horse in
the barn, I wanted to breed her to get another fine horse (oh yes, my husband
stole the Juniper/Misha breeding).  So I wanted a Hostar/Juniper cross that
NOBODY could steal from me.  Took a lot longer to get Juniper pregnant than
we thought, and she was gone for a good six weeks.  My son was lost.  I
offered him a ride on Nikki.  He got all the way up to the mounting block,
started to climb into the saddle and did a double take like "this is NOT my
horse!".  Got really peeved at me and refused to get on!  We picked Juniper
up on Friday, and the boy lit up like a Christmas tree.  Juniper dropping her
food and coming to nuzzle his shoulder.  Then once home,  his little ride on
her.  He was in heaven!

Pamela