This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Keswick is a month old today and doing well. We are still feeding him every 2
hours round the clock, but he is now starting to eat Foal Lac pellets so we
will soon feed him a little less often. Kate has returned to Los Trigos and
Heather my 3 year old Fjord and Jorge a Pygora goat have taken over. He seems
to be growing normally and is as tall as his brother Paul who is 4 days
older.
Keswick made the cover of the East Mountain Telegraph, our local paper and he
will be on the cover, with Heather, of The Horsemans Voice a New Mexico horse
magazine.  The Horsemans Voice plans an annual update on his progress. So at
one month old he is already an ambassador for his breed.
.
I have a question for the list how long does a foal eat dirt, I understand it
is to build the bacteria in the stomach, but Kez seems to eat a lot more than
I thought he would. Even in the pasture he will eat the grass down to the
soil and eat dirt. It isn't so bad when he is eating the clay soil but I have
sand and have had to restrict him from some areas where he could run.
                                                       Sue

Sue Clark-Sorger
Crown Oak Fjords
Sandia Park NM