This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I know some folks use the wood pellets under straw for foaling, but I think
the pellets are too slippery for a newborn. I agree about the hassles of
straw, but won't use anything else for the first several weeks until the
little gal has her hooves well under control. I also don't want them
nibbling the wood pellets while they are finding out what the world has to
offer them.

Sadie is delighted that we use only straw, as that means she can come in her
stall to pee and nothing splashes on her lovely legs....

I thing there is a wonderful market opportunity here for someone who can
come up with a better foal bedding product. Until then, I stick to straw.

Peg

Peg Knutsen - Ellensburg, WA
http://www.elltel.net/kffjord/