This message is from: Janet McNally <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Taffy wrote:

"They feel the camel and others animals
pose a threat while exhibitors/members work and show their
horses on the
grounds.

Can anyone help me out with some input from current/past
experiences?"

Hi Taffy,

Yes, get a camel, so your horses become farmiliar with the
sight/sound/smell of camels.

more seriously, maybe you can ask the camel owner to
facilitate introducing the saddle club horses to the camel.

When I was a kid, one of the shows I went to had a ring
right along a RR track.  It was so loud, we had to stop the
classes momentarily when a train went by, not to mention
some horses spooked.  Solution?  bring your horse between
shows and get him used to the train.

It is not the fault of the camel owner that horses spook
from unfamiliar things.

Janet