This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

SUSAN GIARGIARI wrote:
>This is not meant to put down any of the Evaluators......but seeing the
>talk go to Norway  and that they don't look for that,,,,and how the NFHR
>Evals.. will change the fjords......I don't think that will happen!

I agree. Norwegian evaluators know conformation and pastern angles are part
of that. I wanted to respond to the comment about seeing a Norwegian
stallion in a photo and he exhibited a broken axis. I had an experience a
while back, I used to do Julie's web site and she sent me a photo of a sale
horse to put on the site. This photo showed a horse with a broken axis in
its pastern - it looked like a club foot, very unattractive - and I wrote
back to ask if the horse had always been that way. She saw what I was seeing
in the photo and had to run out to the barn to assure herself that her horse
was not really that way. It was just a trick of the camera, light, and the
hair around the coronary band. The horse's conformation was fine. I think
you can only know for sure if you see it in person and can palpate the
pastern joint to remove the variable of hair.

Lori