This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Listers;

With the news that Tim Hamlett is liquidating his herd I thought I would talk
about my mare, Lena, who is out of Grabbson, Tim' s 18 year old stallion.

>From past post's, you already know how much we love Lena ....... she is the
first mare I have ever owned, first mare in foal I have ever owned and gave
us our first foal, Hasse.  From the time we brought her home she has been
easy to work with, I have never been afraid of her, her occassional
"bossiness" is easily dealt with and she is smart!!  She was a great mom - is
a good pasture mate - loves attention and grooming.

I feel she is a nice specimen of a fjordhorse - a nice mover - great
temperment - good work ethic - and she is nice to look at.

Lena is by no means "perfect" - but, she did not cost $12,000 either.  She
has not been evaluated - will be this fall.   While I am interested in her
evaluation score I did not buy her to reproduce - I bought her to ride/drive
and enjoy for many years.  Whether I rebreed her is unknown - at this point 5
horses is plenty for me!!!

Some comment has been made about Grabbson not being trained.  I have a
quarterhorse that is out of a well known quarterhorse stallion from
Wisconsin.  My daughter and I visited the stallions home and discovered he is
not trained - is never ridden - used for breeding only - but, he has thrown
wonderful pleasure prospects in the past 20 years.

 If anyone is contemplating buying one of Tim's fjords and  would like to see
an offspring of Grabbson please come see my Lena - I would be happy to show
her to you.

Linda Lottie in Corcoran MN