This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In regard to Hamlett's horses, I strongly advise against anyone thinking these horses are "dead broke" and trail ready. My observation of the situation is that Tim has too many horses, too little time, and not nearly enough qualified help. I think he cares in his own way, but not in the right way for the good of his horses.

The younger man and his daughters who have worked with most of Tim's horses is pretty rough with them, from what I have personally seen. He uses force to accomplish what should be done with patience and time. (The one exception I know of is Tim's new Danish stallion who is at Patti Jo Walters, I believe.)

My husband and I looked at Tim's horses in early 2002 and I was not happy with what I saw, especially with the state the young stock was in. One of his yearling fillies had worn a halter for so long, she had an open infected sore on the side of her face. All of his younglings were head shy and timid. They had obviously not been handled very much and were wary of humans.

Perhaps others feel differently about Hamlett's horses. If so, please keep in mind that I don't mean to offend or step on toes. I just want to give my perspective, having been to his place in Arlington, Iowa, several times and seen his stock at Blue Earth.

DeeAnna