This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:26 AM 2/20/2003 -0500, you wrote:
This message is from: "Peter Randall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Does it make sense to only see 35 of Lukas's (C-795) descendants on the US
site and then only another (different) 35 on the Canadian site?

Not really.

Someone or some organization should work on some type of unified database
where you get a much more complete picture of a horse, his descendants,
history etc.

What organization do you think would be willing to take on this very expensive project that would probably have little or no real monetary payback? Don't get me wrong I think it would be great too but I just don't see where the $ would come from.

Who's ready to tackle this job? If fact...why can't we just have one
association and number horses 'NA' for North America instead of horses having
a Canadian and US registration?

It's time has come, free trade and all. Lets get together and give people the
whole picture.

The NFHR will register (and does) Canadian horses. Of course the Canadian Registry will also register US horses. Not sure what the answer is.

Sorry.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Executive Director & Registrar
PO Box 685
Webster, NY  14580-0685

Voice 585-872-4114
FAX 585-787-0497