This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Horse bells - I responded about the center or backstrap location of
bells. After reviewing the great antique prints of the typical
behind-the-gig saddle bells, I taxed my grandfather WHY his Percherons
always wore backstrap bells - or bells that only went over the top of the
harness at the saddle and the hipstrap.
Grandpa Tolliver,(circa 1899) says,
1)Topsy, the Percheron mare caught a hoof in the dangling-below-the-girth
bell strap, so he decided NO harness parts would dangle loose below the
horse. He shortened the broken strap, and when she was driven alone, wore
the bells as a back strap.
2)his team of Topsy and Jet (Percherons) typically wore 40-80 harness
bells. He likes bright, clean brass, and got tired of cleaning muck, mud,
and ice out of the bells when the horses kicked it up from the road (not
all snow is as pristine as Courier and Ives) - so all his harnesses had
extra D-rings to connect the bells across the back, but ended at the
tugs, so only the girths passed underneath. Sorry if I confused anyone.
R.Taylor, Straw Hat Stables

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use Molly Mail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com
Having trouble sending email from different locations ?
Need a single outgoing mail server that will work from anywhere ?

Set it to smtp.com and never have to change it again !

http://www.smtp.com