This message is from: "Arthur Rivoire" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia --

This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Dear Carol,
>      I was just wondering if the Jamie Benoit that you know had ever gone
> Kingsbury Hill Riding School in Francestown, New Hampshire?  A young girl
by
> that name, many year's ago, attended while I was working there by that
name.
> I recall she was a super little horseperson and even after 24t years I
still
> remember her name among many I met there.  Could they be the same girl?

Hi Kathy,

Sorry, no, not the same girl.  This Jaimie Benoit is our Stable Manager, and
she's just turned 23 years old.  But, it's funny you should bring up the
name . . .

Our Jaimie is now visiting Fjord friends in NYC, Long Island, NJ, CT & PA.
Except for one flying trip to Maine, this is Jaimie's first time out of Nova
Scotia, and her first plane ride.  We're thrilled for her.

--  Jaimie is not only a wonderful manager and trainer of our Fjords, but
an all-around great girl everybody takes to.  --  The Fjord people she's
visiting are customers and friends of ours.  They've all been up at the farm
to do our Nova Scotia Learning Vacations several years in a row, and have
gotten to know Jaimie.  They were so taken with her that they  got together
and invited Jaimie on a fabulous three week trip.

The first segment was to Cheryl Tortoriello and Suzanne Egan who live in
Manhatten, and who own BDF Philippine and BDF Phoebe, and who've bought and
restored a fabulous old farm on Long Island Sound, the future home of "their
girls".  Jaimie "did" the city, and was most thrilled with St. Patrick's
Cathedral, not surprising since she spent her whole life in the tiny (pop.
600) French Acadian village of Pomquet where everything revolves around the
church.  There was a mass being performed at the time, which made it even
more meaningful to her.

-  Jaimie has already visited Beth Swain in New Jersey, and had the
opportunity to get reacquainted with some BDF horses. --  BDF Quest (Gjest x
Stine), and the great gelding, Sigmund.   Towards the end of the trip,
Jaimie will spend more time with Beth, and the two of them plan some riding.

Luckily, two other horses that left here last summer to join a Therapeutic
Riding Center are only a half hour from Beth's so Jaimie got to see BDF
Annelise and the big gelding, Axel, who are now working successfully at the
therapeutic center.

One thing all the host/Fjord owners were unanimous about -  They all wanted
Jaimie to cut manes while she was there.

Right now, Jaimie's  in Connecticut staying with Ed and Ann Sullivan and
their two little equestrian daughters, Maggi and Bridget who own the fancy,
Dutch imported Myrstein daughter, Riena, and also the dark and beautiful
mare, Maryke, just recently arrived from Beaver Dam Farm.  --

The culmination of the trip will be a journey to Pennsylvania to the
dressage barn where Philly and Phoebe are in training.  Since Jaimie did all
the initial training (riding and drivingj) of these two mares from birth to
the time they left BDF
at 4 1/2 years, she's really interested to see how they're doing.  --- So,
am I.  We miss  these wonderful Gjest daughters a  lot.  ---  As I
understand it, the trip to the dressage stable in PA will be quite an
expedition as the whole group will converge and go together.

The kindness and generosity of all these people to Jaimie, and the fact that
Jaimie is such a nice girl who inspires such actions, is just another
example of how significantly the Fjordhorses enhance lives.

Probably the biggest reason Arthur and I decided NOT to retire from the
Fjord business was the people we meet, the friends we make, and the
interesting and rewarding life we lead ---  all thanks to the Fjordhorses.
Luckily, we came to our senses and realized life just wouldn't be the same
without all the horses and all the people who come to the farm each
summer --  Old friends, new friends, the young people from Europe . . .  It
is a great life, and the Fjordhorses made it happen.  --  We'd certainly
have never met Beth, her daughter, Melanie, Suzanne, Cheryl, Ann, Ed, and
their charming, well-behaved girls.

So, we are delighted Jaimie is having a blast. ---- And I don't mind getting
up before dawn to do all her work - mucking, feeding, cleaning, leading in
and out, and in and out . .  I don't mind  all the backbreaking work, and if
any time during my long, hard, cold day when my fingers are frozen and my
back aches, and my boots are full of snow,  I begin to feel just the tiniest
little bit resentful and envious . . . Well,  I just remind myself of the
wonderful time "dear" Jaimie is having enjoying the touring, the shopping,
the restaurants, the scintillating city company --  A world without six feet
of snow,18 below temperatures, frozen buckets and manure . . . .

Well, would you believe it?  I really don't mind at all.  How could I?
Jaimie has done it for us for many times for many  years.  ---- Go for it,
Jaimie!  Next year Europe! -

Best Regards,  Carol Rivoire

.