This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/7/03 4:26:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> I'd like to hear nutshell opinions, if that's possible ;), of those who shoe
> their Fjords and why, and those of folks who barefoot theirs and why.

Hi Lori-

A nutshell? Hmm. I don't shoe my horses because the idea of nailing metal to
an animal's feet sounds pretty nutty to me! Metal shoes cause a multitude of
problems and are expensive and high maintenance. Despite claims, they are not
necessary in any situation. I ride my horses over all surfaces including
rocks and asphalt. The harder and rougher the better, as the hooves both flex
and wear down. My Fjords never had a problem transitioning (two of them were
shod initially), but for those who do there are a variety of boots which are
used to prevent soreness while riding.

Brigid Wasson
SF Bay Area, CA
 <A HREF="http://ourfjords.freeservers.com/fjord1/Our_Fjordsx.html";>Our